Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Back from France


I am back from the Carrefour Européen du Patchwork in Alsace. As you can see, the weather was not as nice as last year, but the exhibits were amazing. Lots of contemporary and art quilts this year. Difficult to pick a favourite exhibit.
There was a nice selection of quilts from Quilt National 2013. Very impressive.
Pam Rubert. I had seen many of her humorous quilts in magazines and on the web, but here, I could have spent the whole day just looking at each and every detail. Really great.
Sheila Frampton Cooper with her spontaneous and colorful quilts. I had a wonderful time listening to her explanations.
So many other artists... Trudy Kleinstein, Gillian Cooper, Birgitte Busk,...
I didn't take many pictures, but here's one of Susan Chapman next to her "Autoportrait".
I also met up with my friend Akiko Suzuki at the Mixed Media Art Association exhibit.
And now, it's time to go back to the studio.
Yesterday, I spent a couple of hours preparing my "Rêverie Japonaise" for the national patchwork show in Enghien next week.
Here it is, hanging nicely, ready to be rolled up in its bag.

3 comments:

ViDerTextil said...

j'ai aussi aimé les parterres et arrangements de fleurs à SMaM, elles montraient déjà bien l'automne qui arrive. Beau quilt ! je m'en vais aussi finir le mien ... encore des lattes et hop, nous voilà à Enghien :-)

Judy said...

Lucky you to be able to go to that show!! Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

dutchcomfort said...

I always love to see your Japan inspired quilts!