Thursday, March 18, 2010

A small volcano quilt

Last week, I spent some time dyeing fabric for my next 12x12 quilt.
Then I sorted my boxes of fabric scraps and found some nice leftovers from an old red-orange-yellow log cabin quilt. I started to play, and here's what's left on my cutting table now...

I've quickly made a small "volcano" quilt. It's not really what I want to do for the 12x12 challenge, but it was a good warm-up, and now I'm having fun quilting it...
I hope to really start working on my 12x12 project next week.
Now, the weather is so nice today that I cannot resist posting a few spring pictures taken in the garden...

I know it's supposed to rain tomorrow, but today I'm really enjoying being outside...

6 comments:

Gerrie said...

I just love the volcano color scheme!! I love your pile of scraps - want to dive into them.

jenclair said...

I agree with Gerrie--about the color scheme and the pile of scraps!

nicolette said...

The small volcano quilt is gorgeous! Love those colours!

We had some lovely Spring days, unfortunately it’s raining now.

n a t s u m i said...

The fabric scraps are beautiful!!
Spring is here too. It's almost 70 degrees...
Have a great weekend!!

Kristin L said...

I like your variety of stitches -- I look forward to seeing the final version.

sharon young said...

Gorgeous colours in your volcano quilt and I like your mix of machine and hand stitch.
What a lovely mix of spring images.