Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Passion and colours

This is my new 12x12 quilt.
The theme chosen by Kirsten was "Passion". Having too many ideas about this burning theme, I did some brainstorming with pen and paper. The words that kept coming again and again were those associated with hot colours. After all, if I'm a quilter, it's mostly because I like to play with colours so much.
I decided to take lots of pictures of colourful flowers in my garden, and then started to dye fabrics trying to achieve the colours I liked most in these pictures.
I also printed one of the pictures on white cotton, and I included two small pieces of the picture in my quilt.
The left side of the quilt is a piece of bright orange fabric I liked a lot and I didn't want to cut up. The right side is the logical follow-up of a few scrap quilts I made these last months.
Here are some close-up pictures...




Be sure to check our 12x12 blog to see the passion quilts made by the other members of the group!

5 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

I’m impressed by your version of passion! I’m passionate about colours, I can’t imagine being a quilter and not having a ‘thing’ for colours!

patstudio said...

Welcome back! I hope hope your month vacation was great. Love those fiery colors.

Kristin L said...

All that jumbled up heat could definitely get something started!

Digitalgran said...

This is a lovely quilt as usual.
Good to have you back.

gunnelsvensson said...

what a wonderful quilt! great colours and stitching!