Friday, November 16, 2007

Family heirloom

A long long time ago, one of my sons painted this beautiful handkerchief for his dad (june 89). Unfortunately, after about one thousand washes, it's getting a little tired. But I would like to save it... Maybe I could use it in a little quilt. What do you think?
I've not been very creative these days... I'm fighting a nasty bug.
But I've been sewing, by hand, these little flying geese blocks. I started during last summer vacation. I was trying to use up my scraps. Of course, I bought a few fat quarters because I didn't have enough fabric! Now I've got about 150 blocks. I need to make 50 more.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I love your son's drawings. I know someone who took their child's artwork enlarged the image and made a small crib quilt (they put a copy of the original on the back.)
Hope you feel better soon. My little bug last spring knocked me out for nearly two months.

English Rose said...

I used my daughters drawings for one of my C&G certificate pieces, you can see it on my blog if you're interested. www.englishroseinkuwait.blogspot.com

sammyjo said...

that sounds like a good idea i hope you feel better soon !

Shirley Goodwin said...

Hope you're feeling better now, Francoise. I've always liked Flying Geese, I'm sure the quilt will look great.