Friday, May 24, 2019

Sketching and Japan

Here are a few more pictures taken in Japan last autumn...
I'm spending most of my free time sketching these days. I took a class at Sketchbook Skool recently. It was all about drawing people and it was a lot of fun.
I still sew from time to time. Last month, I made a fabric book for my little grandson, but it looks like I forgot to take a picture of it completed...
My quilting mojo isn't back yet, but I've pinned this on the design wall...
Who knows? Maybe I'll start making art quilts in a while.
In the meantime, I'll be sketching, and also sorting my stuff and my pictures.
Next task is to choose some photos of beautiful Kanazawa.

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

You sound like me. I did the free Sketchbook Revival course this month and boy, did I enjoy being exposed to all those teachers and how to use all the sketching and mixed media supplies I've collected over the years. I saw that class on drawing people and decided not to take it. I'm just not that interested in capturing humans I guess. But I have started doing a lot of doodling per several of the teachers in the free course and am amusing myself with making the simplest of doodle faces and figures. Maybe it's the baby step I need to get more interested in working on real faces! And like you, there are things on my design wall and work table that I need to get back to when the textile bug bites me again. But in the meantime, I'm really enjoying this diversion into sketching and multi-media play that is just for my own enjoyment and edification.

Judy said...

That's amazing that you can sketch people like that. Sometimes, you just don't feel like pursuing quilting, and then it's good to just let it go. There are so many ways to make art and to be creative. Thanks for sharing the photos of Japan with us.