Friday, October 20, 2017

Blue

The weather last weekend was absolutely beautiful and I decided on a whim to try and prepare an indigo vat. First time I did this, but it worked really great.
I dyed cotton thread and fabric. I had tied some of the fabric pieces shibori-style. No stitching as I did not have much time to prepare the fabric. Just folding, crumpling, clamping and so on.
Next are my new blue fabrics and threads.
The vat still looks good a few days after using it. We'll see if I can have one more dyeing session before the weather turns too cold.

4 comments:

Judy said...

I've always wanted to try indigo and I love the results that you achieved. I really like the piece where it's dark on the bottom and that lightens as it goes upwards. Looks like a fun day!

Brenda said...

I love indigo but sometimes I wish that luscious green would stay too!

ViDerTextil said...

raison d'avoir profité du beau temps, tu as une belle réserve pour l'hiver car le temps ... ce n'est pas pareil maintenant !

Marianne said...

J'ai fait cette année une cuve d'indigo avec un kit tout prêt et je suis hyper contente, j'ai obtenu des magnifiques tissus et les tiens sont super. Il y a une dizaine d'année j'avais fait aussi une cuve mais j'avais du préparer tout pour la réduire et malheureusement mes tissus teinets alors se sont tout décolorés après 1 mois. et merci pour le commentaire sur balade. Encore bravo pour tes tissus