Thursday, November 12, 2015

Weaving

I did this little mosaic of the main steps in warping my big loom because I tend to forget the little tricks I use to simplify the process... With this, hopefully, it's going to be easier next time.
I've been gently experimenting with weaving texture in general...
and clouds in particular...
I like the darker one, but the fibers I used were a little too curly to my taste. It creates some kind of waves in the fabric, which I don't like. I'm going to try again with thick plain yarn.
In the evening, I'm still playing with my log cabin blocks while watching tv...
I also worked on my "Desert 2" quilt today. (Pictures next month, after the meeting.)

The weather has been so mild these days that the small rosebush is blooming again...

2 comments:

ViDerTextil said...

quelle installation pour ce beau tissage ! j'aime beaucoup ces petites "structures" dans ton tissage, ça donne un bel effet, même ce foncé me plait bien. un beau contraste.

jenclair said...

Love your weaving experiments with texture. And the log cabin blocks? Can't wait to see more!