Monday, April 07, 2014

From the studio


I started quilting the little scrap quilts that I did last winter. (Or was it in autumn?)

The larger quilt is going well.
I printed the last pieces of fabric. And today I finished piecing the top. Saturday, I dyed a large piece of blue fabric for the backing.
I'll try and prepare the sandwich tomorrow.

I also did some cross stitch embroidery that will be used for a surprise gift. (No picture, it's a surprise!)

And then, a collaged postcard made with some of my gelli prints.

Last week, I spent a lot of time in the garden, cleaning pots and planting new flowers. I forgot to take pictures, but it's great to be able to work outside again.

6 comments:

sharon young said...

Your quilts are progressing beautifully, Francoise, I love the way the ones in the top left and bottom right pics are coming along, very bold.

Linda’s Textiles said...

Love your tree quilt & Gelli prints Francoise & your new small quilts look great too.
Thanks for commenting on my prints.

Judy said...

It sounds like a lot of fun, quilting your small quilts. Any new weaving projects on your loom?
Enjoy your day,
Judy

ViDerTextil said...

ça fait du bien de voir toutes ces couleurs, à l'intérieur comme à l'extérieur :-)

jenclair said...

Oh, I am curious about all of these little scrap quilts...and the stencils!

dutchcomfort said...

Can’t wait to see your finished scrap quilts! Enjoy!