Sunday, August 25, 2013

A long break

This was a very long blogging break...
Here are a few pictures taken last month during a short trip to France.



I've been back in the studio for several weeks already. I've been writing, drawing, journaling, and (mainly) weaving.
I've put a 3 meter warp on my loom. I'm testing Cottoline yarn (by Venne). Tabby weaving at the moment.
I always like to take a picture of all the knotted ends right after threading the heddles.
In other news, I've sent my Twelve by Twelve 2012 quilts to the States. And I'm so glad they made it safely!
They're going to be shown in Oregon next month, at the Northwest Quilting Expo, along with the other Twelves' 2012 quilts of course.
I took lots of pictures before shipping the box. It was very nice handling the quilts as they had been sleeping in a drawer, out of sight, for 8 months.
I'm almost ready to start a new little scrap quilt. I've chosen the fabrics already. But this will be for another post.

3 comments:

ViDerTextil said...

mine de rien, tu as été bien occupée: belles photos de la douce france et un très beau tissage!

Julie said...

Welcome back Françoise. I love the look of those threads too. I like the idea of quilts sleeping :-)

sharon young said...

Lovely to see you back Francoise, and what a comeback, beautiful photos, I love the colours in the weaving.
Great pics of France, we're off in 2 weeks, so it was great to see your pics.