Thursday, August 18, 2011

Festival of Quilts

I've been back from Birmingham for several days and my feet are slowly beginning to touch ground again after all that excitement!
Here I'm standing, between Helen and Diane, in front of the Twelve by Twelve exhibit...

Below are two pictures I took on Wednesday afternoon as we were hanging the quilts.
We had a great time sharing our quilts with lots and lots of people. Some of them were real fans and knew (almost!) everything about us. But of course many had never heard of the Twelve by Twelve adventure and we had to explain the whole thing from A to Z.
I didn't take many pictures during the show this year, but Diane has written a great post on the Twelve by Twelve blog, here, with more pictures and stories about the Festival.
Have a look also here, and here, and here... all nice people saying lovely things about the Twelve by Twelve exhibit. :-)
And now, I'm eager to go back to my studio. In the meantime, California poppies keep growing in my garden. Too bad my Orange 12x12 quilt is already finished. Reveal will be on September 1st. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Thank you françoise for all the links. It’s nice to read about the Festival of quilts!
Hope to be going there, one day!

Linda’s Textiles said...

Congratulations - looks like a fabulous display.

n said...

Congratulations! Looks like amazing show! The quilts on the wall are beautiful!