Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Even more snow

We had a lovely white Christmas. Actually, we were snowed in on Christmas Eve. DH did shovel the snow away from our driveway, just in case, but we stayed home. Today, the street still looks like a ski slope, a beginner's slope, but still, not really great for driving.
We had this very strange creature on our terrace for a few days...

Yesterday, its head fell down and it doesn't look as bizarre anymore.
I dyed more fabric for my "eggplant" Twelve by Twelve quilt. I also did some sketches but haven't started sewing yet.

This is the "rust" page I made some time ago for my fabric book.
This is the sixth one. The first five pages are here...

5 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

That looks like a little Yeti sitting in your chair!

Love the rust page for your fabric book!

ViDerTextil said...

c'est vrai que la neige nous joue des drôles de tours ces jours-ci. Ta sculpture "nature" est sensa ! dommage que c'est éphémère, mais cela peut donner des idées pour nos créations ... qui sait ?

jenclair said...

The snow pictures are so beautiful! I'm sure there are a lot of frustrations with it, but such a wonderland!

Your fabrics are beautiful, Francoise, and I love the blue touches in your rust page.

Gerrie said...

I love the strange snow creature and I am hoping none appear in our yard this year.

I am so uninspired for the eggplant theme. I have thrown some fabric on the table and now, I must go play with it and see what happens. Your eggplant fabric is luscious.

Kristin L said...

Cool snow creature! Your fabrics look very rich. I assumed I'd have plenty of good fabrics in my stash, but I didn't. I'm not as facile with the dyeing as you are though, so I need to go shopping. Luckily there's no snow to bar my way here.