Friday, April 21, 2006

Where is it?



I've been looking for this embroidery for at least two weeks. I looked everywhere, but couldn't put my hand on it. It must be somewhere though... Maybe I should start spring-cleaning...

I am happy I still have it in pictures... It was inspired by a photo of a bark. I first painted the base fabric (unbleached calico), I then applied some pieces of distorted gauze on it, and finally embroidered it by hand and machine. I had lots of fun working on that piece. Too bad I lost it!

Cela fait au moins deux semaines que je cherche cette broderie. J'ai cherché partout, mais n'ai pas réussi à la retrouver! Elle doit bien être quelque part pourtant... Je devrais peut-être commencer mon grand nettoyage de printemps...

Mais je suis contente de l'avoir encore en images... Mon inspiration était venue d'une photo d'écorce. J'ai tout tout d'abord peint le tissu de base (du calicot non-blanchi), puis j'ai appliqué des morceaux de gaze, et j'ai brodé à la main et à la machine. Je me suis vraiment amusée en travaillant à cette pièce. C'est bien dommage de l'avoir perdue!

1 comment:

Ali Honey said...

I like your bright quilt! Well done for starting your blog, I have recently done the same. Best Wishes from a quilter on the otherside of the world.( New Zealand.....hobbit country! )