Sunday, December 02, 2012

First snow

We had our first snow yesterday night. Not much, but enough to make the roads a bit slippery, especially this morning.
I did some more calligraphy exercises the other day. I'm using Japanese brushes and sumi (ink).
The idea was to use these as designs for screenprinting. First I made a very small screen. I wanted to see how well this ink is burning the plastic coating of the mesh.
Then I prepared some larger screens. This is some test printing using fabric paint.
Now, I need to print more fabric.

8 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

That repeated character is just lovely! What does it mean? Or do I have to wait for the reveal to find out?

jenclair said...

Oh, Francoise, this is going to be wonderful! Love that you are learning calligraphy and making your own fabric designs at the same time.

And the snow is so beautiful!

sharon young said...

Oh no I hope we don't get it next.
I love your prints with this Japanese lettering it's so effective with the colours you've chosen.

dutchcomfort said...

Love your calligraphy exercises!

ViDerTextil said...

belle photo enneigée !
dommage que sur tes quilts je ne comprendrais pas ce que tu as marquée ... mais l'effet est beau. Te voilà créatrice de tissus???

apiecefullife said...

Ha, Ha. Our hail on the weekend looked like your snow!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, I really can see possibilities here

Judy said...

Wonderful snow! Your calligraphy looks like a fun challenge with many different possibilities.