Saturday, February 04, 2012

Whitework and colourful quilting

It's been cold here, very cold.
Yesterday we finally got our first real snow of the year. And this morning, I took a few pictures through the window...
Spider whitework... very pretty...
a close-up...
Back to my "Metamorphosis" quilt for the new Twelve by Twelve challenge...
I must say that my project had to undergo several major metamorphoses in the course of the last days!
The idea of transforming the dandelion quilt into a lotus quilt was rather nice but I had to admit that it wasn't working at all. So, I decided to change gears and direction.
I finished piecing the quilt top yesterday.
Here are some fabric leftovers...

A little peek at the quilt...
and another one...
I've just started with the quilting. I had to go out to buy some green thread. I walked to the shop... Brrrrr....

7 comments:

ViDerTextil said...

c'est vrai que la nature est sublime maintenant! suis curieuse du résultat de tous ces petits bouts de tissus ...

dutchcomfort said...

Beautiful pictures Françoise! We had -20oC last night, brrrrr.

No dandelion metamorphosis? I’m curious would you are making now!

Gerrie said...

It is going to be 52° F today - sunny and like April - weird winter for us. Love the snowy photos. I am going to start quilting, too. I am so used to our color ways, I think it will be jarring to see the range of colors for this challenge.

sharon young said...

Fabulous pics, Françoise, our snow arrived this afternoon.

Tantalising look at the new 12 x 12

Kristin L said...

Those are fantastic snowflakes! I can't imagine the cold though. I finished my 12x12 today after many fits and starts.

Karen said...

I'm liking the colors already, I know this is going to be beautiful

jenclair said...

Beautiful photos! Love that spider white work, so delicate, so strong and fragile at the same time.

Eager to see more of the quilt!