Thursday, June 23, 2011

More grisaille

I dyed 12 pieces of fabric in grey yesterday. This one is my favourite...
It reminds me of this picture I took a few years ago in Beijing hutongs.
Here are my other dyed pieces, nicely ironed.
Last week, I bought 4 or 5 very large cotton bedsheets in a thrift shop, and this is what I used as fabric for my dyeing session of yesterday. I am always amazed at how well this old fabric takes up the dye.
I have probably abandoned the idea of adding a dash of pink to my grey fabrics. Now I'm thinking green and yellow (or gold)...

Most probably because of this picture...
My biggest problem with the fabric piece at the top of this post is that it's about 20x20, which means I'll have to cut it up if I want to use it for the 12x12 challenge.

5 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Or... you could cheat on the size! The fabric looks really fabulous as well as the threads !

Vicki Miller said...

Oh, I was looking at your fabric, but that picture is so beautiful. I love it!

Kristin L said...

Gorgeous combination. I could easily see a bunch of yellow and green french knots over a portion of the favorite grey fabric, but leaving most of it plain for us to enjoy the beautiful pattern of the dye.

C. Williams said...

Those sheets came out fantastic! Love your inspiration photo too, gorgeous

http://myhbproductreviews.blogspot.com

Linda’s Textiles said...

Lovely greys & your selected colours should look great with them.
Thanks for your kind comment.