This is the quilt I made for the new Twelve by Twelve challenge. I first dyed some fabrics in the colours Kristin gave us for her Kilauea scheme. I then printed them with black paint. On the red and the orange, I did some monotypes that made me think of lava flow. A sort of mountain shape also appeared by itself on the orange fabric.
On the chartreuse fabric, I used a thermal screen made from a picture of water reflections. (I had already used that same screen on other fabrics before.)
It's mainly machine quilted. Almost no hand work this time.
Don't forget to visit the Twelve by Twelve blog to see the other eleven quilts.
I've made another 12x12 volcano quilt. I'm quilting it by hand and it's not finished yet.
But here is the small page I made for my fabric book...