Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Colours of Africa, and some other colours

I've been working on a few A4 quilts. Some will be sent to Laura for her project "Colours of Africa".
Today, I made a little mess with my dyes... I prepared some dyes for deconstructed screenprinting. I knew the paste was too thin, but I couldn't help trying it with a handmade block... lots of drips... but maybe this fabric can be rescued tomorrow...
In the meantime, the screens are drying. They should be ready soon...
I'm using two books for these experiments, one by Rayna Gillman and the other by Claire Benn and Leslie Morgan.
And here are some pictures that I took near the lake a few days ago and I had no time to post before today ...

5 comments:

nanke's stuff said...

I'm fascinated with your dying methods and the results you get. Thanks for sharing! nancy

Kristin L said...

Neat experiments. I'm interested to see what you create with your screens -- especially the one with the net bag!

Laura said...

Thanks Francoise, I'm looking forward to getting your A 4's in the post.

Vicki W said...

It looks like you are having a lot of fun with the dyeing!

sharon young said...

Love the A4's, wonderful vibrant colours. It's nice to see your WIP's too.
Like the pic with the feather in it.