Friday, June 05, 2009

A new scrap quilt and some bookmarks

I played some more with my small fabric scraps and I quickly pieced this little top... 
It's about 40cm by 40cm (16"x16"). I'll probably quilt it by machine.
Now I have to think about three other small quilts for an exhibition in autumn. I want the tops to be finished before school summer break.
Some time ago, I signed up for a bookmark swap, and this is what I did...
I used printed fabric for the front and hand-dyed fabric for the back (I'm afraid I forgot to photograph the back...). Here's a close-up...

5 comments:

Pat said...

Sweet little quilt. You are prolific! Where will the quilts be shown?

n a t s u m i said...

This is beautiful quilt and looks like painting!

ps.thank you for the lovely comment on my blog! ox

nicolette said...

Lovely scrappy miniquilt!

Please tell us more about the exhibition! I would love to know where it will be held!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Nice work! And what a lovely rendition of you with grandbaby!

MargaretR said...

The finished bookmarker is lovely. I was one of the lucky recipients!