Saturday, March 29, 2008

Waiting for spring

No sailing yet... We are still waiting for more decent weather...
My second 12x12 community quilt is finished. Here's a little preview...
Actually, this was my first idea, but I lost interest once the top was done, and it had to stay on the WIP stack for a little while. I still like the other one better.
On the knitting front, here's my first sock! I like it a lot.
The yarn is Preface by Phildar. My DH has already placed an order, but he would prefer some more low-key yarn... I wonder why...

8 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Wonderful colours in quilt and socks! Love the socks!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Can't wait to see both of your community quilts. And love the colors in that yarn. Hard to believe that one yarn can have all that color and pattern.

sharon young said...

Fantastic sock, you did that one really quickly!! I'm not surprised your DH wants a pair, I think he's a bit unadventurous re colour though LOL
And the glimps of your 12x12 is very tantalising, looking forward to seeing the whole thing.

Micki said...

I don't know why your DH wants different colors these are luscious, but I am wondering also are all those colors in one yarn?

Joanna said...

Beautiful stitching Francoise.

Anonymous said...

Love the sock Francoise. I am seriously thinking of following your example.

Kim said...

Looking forward to seeing the whole quilt! Wonderful sock - love those yarns.

Barbara said...

wonderful socks....many bloggers are knitting socks..thats cool!!